30 d’octubre 2007

Coca-cola cans


Coca-cola is a very internationalised trademark, cokes can be found almost everywhere and their appearance is always the same. Usually cokes of two countries only differ in their labeling language. That's why I like picking up cokes that are different from the ones I am used to see.



Above there can be seen some coke cans that I have. From left to right:

  • This one is from China. It is decorated with Olympic rings due to the proximity of the Games in Beijing. Notice it's strange opening, it seems to be the one of a tuna can! In China people may be thirstier than in other counties, this can holds 35'5 cl.
  • Last year Coca-cola changed the shape of it's cans in Spain. This is a new one, taller and thinner than the older, but inside there are the same 33 cl.
  • I took this small one from a flight to England when I was younger. I found this mini coca-cola can cute, it only holds 15 cl.
  • That's my Tunisian can. It's the only one written from top to bottom and from right to left (nowadays in China they write in the western orientation).
  • Actually I don't like light coke, but I found nice the design of the can. South African cans are bigger than the others (34 cl) and they are also heavier, their metal is thicker and stronger. On the top they have a the strange shape, with some kind of little steps.